Help Take me to Greece! :)

If you've been following my posts on Facebook, you will be well aware that I've decided to take a missions trip to Greece in Summer '17
Sometimes when I post, I feel like some may feel like it's an impersonal pursuit for donations for my mission trip but it isn't so! However, I'm making this post in order to allow everyone a deeper glimpse into my trip. I also pray that you would find it in your heart to donate to this mission that God has allowed me to take part in :D

10 days from now (April 12th) is my 100% deadline and I am roughly at 70%. The last deadline I had was February 15th and on that day, I needed $900+ in just that one day! I wasn't shaken by the amount only because I truly had a deep belief that I would be able to make the deadline. How? My only answer was trusting and depending on God. I made calls and reminded those who I have sent my missions letter to and can you believe, with 45 minutes to spare on that same day, I made my deadline! Can you just remind yourself that GOD IS REAL. He is a

Way Maker

Promise Keeper

Provider

Restorer

... all the above. I was filled with joy that God proved Himself faithful once again. It wasn't only for me to see but for the whole world to see His amazing faithfulness. He's done it before and I know He will do it again. Amen!

Now about my trip......



We will be in Greece for 1 month (May 14 - June 13) 2 weeks in Thessoloniki and 2 weeks in Athens.
Our contacts will have us ministering to Syrian refugees who have escaped life-threatening conditions and abandoned their familiar way of life in order to preserve their lives. I'm excited to be able to be the hands and feet of Christ and loving these individuals with something as simple as being a listening ear. The Bible says in John 13:35 that we shall be known as the disciples of Jesus Christ by our LOVE and I'm so excited to show Jesus rather than only preaching Him and the Good News.
The orphanage we will be offering a helping hand to is a Christian orphanage. I'm excited to spend time with children while reminding them of the sweet, sweet love of our Heavenly Father.
I've been spending time in prayer in preparation for the trip. I want to make sure I am immersing myself in the Word of God and being led by the Holy Spirit in my everyday life. The last thing I would ever want to happen is that the people we meet end up worse off after we came. The light and Spirit of God is LIFE. It is my desperate desire that God will use my team and I to lead His beloved into knowledge and communion with Him. I get so excited thinking about it! However, I am still aware of how crucial this mission is and I truly desire to be used by GOD for mighty things. Oh, that His name be glorified and all hearts will be turned back to Him ♥

If you would like to donate you can do so online at:
www.orumissions/donate
scroll down and click the button that says "CLICK HERE TO DONATE NOW"
Click Oru missions donations
Put the amount you would like to donate :D!
Under designation click and choose "On Behalf of Specific Missionary" (DESIREE OPOKU)
In the space below please put TEAM GREECE

Thank you for reading!
Hope you donate :D

God bless you ♥

Comments

Popular Posts