Testimony Tuesday #3

Hey Saints ! I'm back with another testimony of mine. Please be encouraged to send me a testimony of yours @ desireeopoku@gmail.com :-D
This testimony is quite recent. In November 2013 I was invited by Campus Crusade for Christ (CRU Buffalo) to attend an IMPACT Conference. The Impact Movement is a sister organization of Cru which focuses on building up African American college students to be leaders on their campuses and share the Gospel. It was founded by Charles and Rebecca Gilmer in 1991 and has been growing drastically ever since! I was invited by a B.I.C. (Brother In Christ) By the name of Carl to attend the conference. The total cost including transportation was around $500. Cru gave me a $100 scholarship and I had to raise the rest of the money by contacting people who I believed would be interested in partnering with me to help me out financially. So I sent my letters out and eventually got some financial partners! However, I didn't raise enough and the clock was ticking.
The day we were scheduled to leave to Atlanta was December 27th and here I am on December 25th $180 dollars short! My dad broke it to me saying that it's just not gonna happen. I told him "I have faith in God, He will make a way!" I was not giving up I just didn't care. Also, it didn't hurt that it was Christmas so I was easily reminded of the goodness of God. Completely convinced that I was going I asked my dad if he would be able to drop me off in Brooklyn which was where we were all planning to meet to drive down to Atlanta together for the conference. Convinced that there was no way I was going, my dad refused to take me. In my haste I said "You know what! Fine, I don't need you. I don't need anybody! My trust is in Christ alone >:o" LOL. What a RUDE way to proclaim that my trust was in Christ alone. I just didn't want doubt to creep in and I was so upset and I felt discouragement was knocking at my front door.
Not having a way to Brooklyn (I didn't even have enough money to go to my conference like hello!) I decided to text Carl because he doesn't live too far from me. Come to find out they were renting the van we were using to drive down to Atlanta 5 minutes away from me!!!!! So yes, a ride *Check!*
The next day (Dec 26)  I went shopping with my mom and my sis and one last sponsor contacted me saying that he had some money for my trip. After I finished shopping we headed over to his house and he gave me my gift. I waited until I got home to open the envelope. When I did open the envelope long and behold $200 was in it! TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS YALL!!!!!!!! Oh hallelujah! I praised God like I lost my mind to a point I just started hysterically laughing for joy. He did it AGAIN. Time and time again when the natural eye sees defeat the faith eyes must see triumph! I just couldn't believe it. Here I am the night before my trip and I just got the money. GOD IS ABLE! I hope this blesses you and encourages you to take steps out on faith and to trust in Him with all you have. He loves you more than anything!

View in the Cafe

Sho Baraka performing

View from the room

Heading to a seminar!

Where I had my quiet time :)

My girls!

View from the lobby level

My evangelizing team :) Loved them !

The Dream Team ♥

Comments

Popular Posts