Testimony Tuesday #2

Hey everyone ! Without further adieu here is Testimony Tuesday #2, waiting on you all to send me some to post !! :-)
So from reading my last Testimony Tuesday you are aware that I've transferred to the University at Buffalo. The process was the least bit easy. From my transcripts getting lost in the mail, having a laundry list of things to do, needing all this paperwork before I can sign up for my classes to not having on-campus housing! This was the biggest problem so I decided to keep it from my parents (lol). You know how parents are, they worry way too much ! I was used to sharing a room with my sister so sharing a room with a stranger was out of the question which left me with the on-campus apartments. I've taken 63 credits at SUNY Albany but only 59 credits had transferred over and you must have 60 credits to live in an apartment. I honestly started laughing to myself like "This is just so perfect." LOL. After getting the money for the housing deposit I applied and called the transfer services. Everything they said went along the lines of "You should consider off-campus housing because as of now there is no on-campus housing and the waiting list is extremely long." Thought I was discouraged? No, not really. I saw this as an opportunity for God to get glory. Day after day of hearing the same bad news all I could say in the back of my mind was "They don't know the God that I serve."
Prayers and fasting (for the first time) started as well as having one of my closest friends Athina praying for me via phone call & having people pray for me at a church I went to see two of my close friends Athina & Denelle minister at. Five weeks straight I intentionally approached our Father's throne placing my faith and trust in Him. There were days when doubt and unbelief tried to consume me. I honestly had to speak & rebuke those spirits because they almost had their way.
 As time went on and it was time for transfer orientation and I still had no place to live! :-( The day before the transfer orientation I was scurrying around the house to grab quick things to jump on the amtrak to spend the night in Buffalo at a friend's apartment. That was the same day I was forced to tell my parents that I didn't have a place to live and I'm sure you all could imagine how my parents reacted LOL. That's why I didn't tell them because God would never abandon me (Deuteronomy 31:8) and I knew that they would just worry and stress me out.
Anyway, went to transfer orientation then went straight to the campus housing table and spoke to the lady expressing my desperate need for housing. She gave me her email and told me to email her reminding her who I am so she can place me on the top of the list! Hallelujah ! I was so excited. Before I even took a seat in my transfer orientation I emailed her LOL. I was not playing.
The next day I caught a 6:59 am train back home. As soon as I got on the train I sent the lady another email reminding AGAIN who I was LOL and even giving her my phone number if there were any openings. Around 11am an unknown number called my phone and who was it? The campus housing lady!!!! Some girl was in the process of canceling her apartment agreement and the lady was calling to  let me know!! I was on the amtrak but I still praised God, I could Not.Keep.It.In! I wrote Him a love letter, I posted something on instagram and I just kept thanking Him. That day just so happened to be my father's birthday (Aug 23) which so happened to be the best birthday present ever ! Come to find out my parents went in praying the night I told them I didn't have housing so they got to see first-hand how our God is a prayer-answering God :-). Well school started the 26th so I had 3 days to get myself ready! I packed and even had some Christian posters ready for my room ahead of time because I planned for my room. Kept speaking to myself so I made some decisions out of faith and boom! Regardless of everything, He delivered. Our God is Able, He is our Provider and he will never leave you stranded.
Matthew 10:29-31. ♥
No as for my housemate in this new apartment? That's a testimony on it's on for another day... LOL

Before getting my call. I was still happy! Lol

My pretty room :) God is so faithful

All those tupac pictures have been thrown out. Couldn't get down with them lol



Love yall !
-Queen Desiree

Comments

Popular Posts