Testimony Tuesday #1

My first Testimony Tuesday post and it's a testimony of mine. Hopefully the next one will be from you ! :-). Without further adieu here it goes....



During the week of my 20th birthday (March 30th, 2013) I started to feel immense pain in my left ear but I didn't think much of it. Time went on when it started to get worse and I had no idea what was going on. The pain got unbearable during the first week of April and I couldn't even concentrate so I took myself to the University Health Center. They then forwarded me to an ENT office where a doctor did some surgery on my ear which had me feeling 10x worse! Eventually after that surgery things only got worse and my ear was swelling. That Thursday I woke up and went to a Chemistry lab and during lab I felt like there was swelling under my eyes. My lab TA looked at me like I had 3 heads so I figured there must be something wrong. I took  a picture of myself and I could've cried! I had huge swelling under my eyes I couldn't even see and my ear was swelling outrageously too. Of course I called my mom (lol) and she raced to my university to come and pick me up. We went to the ER and it was some skin infection in my ear that they don't know how it happened, I can't pick it up from anywhere and it just "happens."

First thought I had was this has to be some joke. I'm near death, I look like I just got into a fight with Evander Holyfield, and my ear feels like someone is hammering it and this just so happens to just "happen" sometimes. I was like okay I know exactly what I have to do. I got home, showered, took my medicine then went straight into prayer. I had a feeling that this wasn't just something that happens but a clear attack from the enemy. I ended missing a full week of classes (we all know in college that's like a month lol) and even missed a friend of mine's birthday celebration. Throughout the time home I got extremely close to God knowing that the battle has already been won and just thanking Him for keeping me. I remember I was just sitting on the couch during one of the days home and the idea came into my mind "If you want to be a nurse why are you getting a degree for sociology/african studies as well as taking my core science classes when I can just go straight into a school with a nursing program?" I was like wow what a great idea! So I spent that time looking at schools with nursing programs and the first person I emailed was my mentor Chris F. from the University at Albany who was extremely supportive and lead me through the whole process. I prayed about it and luckily the time I decided to make this decision it wasn't too late to transfer to schools :)! I applied to schools that I had already mentally set in stone on how exactly I wanted life to be like but it didn't go as expected. I prayed for His will to be done over mine before I started the process so that fact that I ended up at the University at Buffalo happens to not be out of chance or coincidence.
I was like "Lord foreal? All the way there by myself?!?" But now that I've been here for two semesters I understand why He lead me here. Stepping out of my comfort zone has brought me to appreciate Christ more as finally being in a position that I'm by myself but still knowing that Christ is ALWAYS with me. I've grown spiritually, physically as well as in maturity and I know that the best is yet to come! Hope this shows you that with pain comes revelation, God will never leave and forsake you and that He knows what He's doing. Lastly, take a step out on faith! Faith without works is dead (James 2:17). Just trust Him ! Be blessed brothers & sisters <3

Picture of my ear:

Comments

Popular Posts