First Week of Spring '14 Semester

I firstly want to take a moment to thank God that it is Friday! Hallelujah lol. Well my first week of Spring Semester '14 semester has successfully been completed. My classes are all demanding but I will enjoy each and every one of them as well as do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil 4:13). I haven't seen most of the familiar faces of people I've befriended last semester but it's understandable because the first week is usually hectic. In regards to my consecration it's been going well. I just find myself thirsting for the Lord in the midst of my busy schedule. I'm not so excited when I'm so busy because when it's time to have Quiet Time with the Lord it's usually late and I don't want to wake up tired. I've just came to the conclusion that it's either Jesus or sleep, the choice is mine. When I put it into that perspective then I notice that I have to desire Him and be more serious about our relationship. After all our relationship is the most important relationship there is. I've been doing a couple of things to be intentional about spending time with Him.





  1. Going to the Gym with Christ
  2. - I find this to be one of the most enjoyable times :). I go to the gym for an hour+ and listen to sermons the entire time that I'm working out. It's my all encompassing way of renewing my mind. While you work out you clear your mind and while my mind is being cleared I inject the Word right into it and let it take root. It's like a 2-n-1. I get to exercise and take care of my Holy Temple and renew my mind with the Word of God. Win-win situation :-D
  3. Listening to recordings of Scripture
  4. - In between classes, on my way to class, etc I listen to pre-recorded recording of myself reading Scripture. So far I have three: one about Wisdom, another on getting over confusion, worry, depression, & dissatisfaction, and lastly, one on being a woman over God's own heart. The next ones I have in mind are the most popular "Proverbs 31" and I want to do one on the "Power of Words." I customize the recordings to myself and speak to myself because I know what I'm struggling with so I use it as a way to encourage myself in the Lord. It just seems more personal because add my own commentary & I also get to listen to a familiar voice LOL.
  5. Reading the Bible on bus trips
  6. - Everyday I have classes on the South Campus and I live on North Campus so I have to take a 20 minute shuttle to South for class. I usually read & study the Bible in between that time to draw my thoughts to Christ and keep Him and His Word at the forefront of my brain. It gets so easy to get caught up in all the issues of class & being on time, etc. So this becomes one of the most important parts in the midst of my day because I really really need it.
  7. Writing in my Journal Nightly
  8. - I write in my journal nightly about what's on my heart & I just pour out how I feel to God. Really reallly, refreshing.
Just wanted to share this with you all and hopefully get the inspiration wheels turning for y'all. Be blessed !
  Love yall :)

(Queen Desiree)

Comments

  1. I'm a transfer student at UB .....as awkward as this is I came across your instagram (recently deleted my account) I really liked your posts about Christ ,and I would like to befriend you, and hopefully grow together in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to befriend you as well! I'm a transfer as well so we already have alot in common :-). You should email me @desireeo@buffalo.edu so we can get to know each other.

      Delete
  2. hehehehe! thanks for the inspiraton sis! Win a soulllllllll (looks up)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts