A Trip To The Past

I stumbled across a notebook that I had written in 2011 as well as my first journal that I began writing from '12-'13 when I decided to give my life to Christ. My first notebook consisted of a letter about what I would want in my
future Husband. It was entitled "Till Death Do Us Part." I wrote about how I would love for him to always remind me how he loves me, accept me for my flaws and how I would love for him to show me things which will translate in me being extremely secure in our relationship. I also wrote how I would love him no matter what and how I will always be here for him. I was like wow Des who would've knew lol. (I wasn't saved completely but I knew about Jesus. Just didn't make the choice to make Him my Lord & Savior ) but I see he was still working through me. I also had a poem entitled "Lift Off" speaking about my past and how insecurities and disrespect sculpted me into who I was today (well in 2011) and how my inner scars can't be seen by my actions. It was a poem about how I rose above it all and how the disrespect and insecurities made me notice what I deserve and how I will never ever ever go back to what I came from.

My second notebook was about my boy issues and regular college female problems lol. It just showed me that yeah I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior but I didn't bring Him into every area of my life. I hated sin and wanted to reject it but I allowed things to keep going on in my life which was the opened door to so many other sins. It just really showed to me that "Yes, you can love Jesus with all your heart, but what about you soul, mind, body and strength?" It really does make a difference! Wow. I thank You Lord for being so patient with me. I was getting to know You but I wasn't taking your Word seriously. I took it as "Wow that's great! Jesus is so patient and loving even when I sin" Instead of "Wow how amazing, Jesus is so patient and loving even when I sin and I thank Him for sticking by me. I thank Him so much and worship Him that I want to hate sin as he does and resist it with the strength of the Holy Spirit." That's more like it !!! Lol. It just reminds me to be patient with everyone no matter where they are in their spiritual journey. You may have that one friend who says s/he's saved but continues to have premarital sex or still gets drunk every weekend and doesn't feel the need to change or whatever it is. Bring this problem to Christ, correct your friend with gentleness and respect and keep on praying. God will water the seeds you plant and answer your prayers! Where were you before you found Christ? If he was impatient with you when you continued to habitually sin you would've never been able to know Him as you do now. Let us be patient with our brothers and sisters as Christ is with us.

Love you all!
-Devotional Desiree

Comments

Popular Posts